Office of Governor George W. P. Hunt (Circa 1920) Photo taken at Arizona Capital Museum on March 3, 2011
Today, I focused solely on this course. I had no idea how much I did not know about Arizona! I have lived here for 32 years and this course will be my enlightening period. I see why it is important for all teachers to have the US and State Constitution on their teaching certificates.
Here is what I will know at the end of this course:
- the major geographic features and historical periods of AZ
- difference between the initiative and referendum processes
- the impeachment and recall processes
- structure of AZ’s legislative districts
- how a bill becomes a law
- the executive offices and their specific powers
- the courts in the AZ judicial system and the jurisdiction of each court
- the major components of county and municipal governments
I am READY!
Last semester I cut it a bit close when it comes to delivering on my coursework. I procrastinated and paid dearly for it in the end. Sure, I can come up with many reasons why it happened, but none of those reasons matter in the end. Just – get it done!
This is my 1st of the two remaining semesters and I will be finished! Yay!!!
My goal is to stay on task and deliver assignments on time this semester. Today is day one. I have four different courses to maintain and a tremendous amount of work to complete to satisfy all the requirements of each.
I am blogging about this experience to hold myself accountable. Even if no one else reads this – I will have to comply.
My courses are:
- POS221 – Arizona Constitution
- EDU256AE – Intern Certificate Student Teaching Lab – Secondary Education III
- EDU270AB – Secondary Reading and Decoding Methods
- EDU270 – Learning and the Brain
My plan is to read each syllabus tonight and review all of the assignments. I will then calendar due dates and read text for this first week. I am still waiting for a few textbooks. This is going to be great!
Today, I received a couple of the textbooks for my Spring, 2016 semester courses. Tomorrow is technically the first day of the semester. I am looking forward to the coursework.
This will be a busy time for me. I am currently full-time in the teaching internship, supporting the Science and Robotics Clubs, along with after-school tutoring.
In addition to this blog, I also have www.davinalyons.com – currently I am focused on transforming my body into a healthier more efficient vessel.